Check travel blacklist online

Immigration Department of Malaysia had put their travel blacklist online. To avoid the hassle or embarrassment at the airport, for PTPTN, MARA, and other study loan holders, make sure you check this before going on a trip overseas (be it holiday trip or business trip).

To check your status:

1. Visit here.
  2. Key in your IC number in the box provided.
  3. Click “Semak” or “Check”.
  4. Check your status.

I don’t get paid for writing blog posts. Your “Like” is my only motivation, so please “Like” it if you found this information useful. Cheers!!!

If you have plan to visit Melaka, Malaysia; check out a website that i help running, we list all the homestays & hotels at melaka at one page. Can book there too! – www.HomestayAtMelaka.com

Check out what other says about this post by clicking at the title of this post.

About these ads

Tagged: , , , , , ,

20 thoughts on “Check travel blacklist online

1. Marie Chelle September 8, 2010 at 3:16 am

Thank you very much my friend, you are very kind in sharing this useful information with? others…. the details were such a blessing, thanks.

2. daya April 25, 2011 at 2:20 pm

tq,, very useful info though!! ;p

3. SH April 25, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Went to IMI website and could not find the link. Did a Google search and found your post. Very helpful indeed!

4. ms.nana June 28, 2011 at 8:50 pm

very much appreciate for your post.. u help me by giving a piece of my mind cuz im planing to travel soon. muchas gracias :o)

5. alex July 12, 2011 at 1:37 am

how can i cheek if i am not malaysian citizen??

6. jeeshenlee July 12, 2011 at 8:44 am

Hello alex, can you try to contact immigration department of Malaysia or your country’s embassy in Malaysia? They should be able to help.

AFAIK, there is no such online system available to the publuc that you can check black list for overseas.

7. ng chew peng August 9, 2011 at 12:25 pm

MAY I KNOW YOUR SISTEM IS UP TO DATE ??
    THE BLACKLIST RESULT IS CONFIRM OR NOT ??

8. jeeshenlee August 9, 2011 at 1:25 pm

@Ng, the system is maintain by immigration department of Malaysia, it should be updated. ;)

You may double confirm by calling them.

9. ng chew peng August 10, 2011 at 10:12 am

jeeshenlee, thk for your noted, i try to call them but no aswer ?
    if immigration updated is very goods ?? may i comfirm the telephone 03-80979999 is right ? tq

10. jeeshenlee August 10, 2011 at 10:41 am

You could try this number instead: 03-88801000

Tell the staff that you want to check “Immigration Control Status” or “Semak Status Kawalan Imigresen”, they should channel you right department. ;)

11. spitfire April 4, 2012 at 11:08 am

yes…really2 useful…thanks a lot XD

12. Lyna Ismail May 19, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Lima Bintang utk Immigration Malaysia…well done guys

13. khairul July 5, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Does this mean all kinds of blacklist? Like hidden crime, unsettled debt,unprofessional resume? Please reply soon. Thank you very much.

14. frame February 19, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I don’t think the link is still working ><

15. jeeshenlee February 20, 2013 at 9:29 am

@frame, the link is working as usual now.

16. Michelle May 13, 2013 at 9:03 am

Hi Jee Shen, I’m leaving to abroad on Wednesday and have problem accessing the site, too. I’m concerned because I have some unsettled credit card debts and there’s a card that I’ve not paid for 2 months. Worried that it will affect my departure. However, my passport and Visa has been approved.

17. jeeshenlee June 30, 2013 at 11:14 am

@Michelle, occasionally their website went offline for update purpose, i think. You can check few hours later see if the system went online. For urgent matters, call them ;)

18. eryzzo84 July 18, 2013 at 10:12 am

sila rujuk ke pejabat imigresen terdekat….what was that means????is it i’m have been blacklisted???

19. V September 20, 2013 at 1:23 am

Have you guys heard of this, show tiada halangan, tapi bila kat airport kena halang pulak ?

20. Thavabal December 22, 2013 at 9:21 pm

i am a srilankan passport holder. i meet in malaysia unusual problems. so i get blacklisted. i have to enter malaysia. because my family is there. and i have the business settlements, vehile settlements. house settlements, so how i can enter malaysia? how i can clear it my black list. please mail me triston05@hotmail.com